Wednesday, April 9, 2008

From the heart

Note left on my desk this week:

TO: MRS. T

i hope you like this note from: Emma

You are the best teacher in the world
i lerend alot from you i now my math and stuff my favorite part is the chace drawing because you win stuff like anmils like that stuff !!

Now evidently I have taught this girl a great deal! You wouldn't believe it from her spelling and punctuation. When I initially got this I was kind of sad thinking, "Oh my gosh, look at all the mistakes!" After that first shock, I couldn't help but smile. Maybe teaching isn't just about book learning. Maybe, just maybe, I have made a difference, even if a small one, in Emma's life. She hugs me every morning when she gets to school, standing over by my desk until I get there for her hug, and gives me another as she leaves at night.

Anytime anyone ever asks me what I make as a teacher I have a very simple answer:

I MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!

PS: Follow up from gel pens blog - Alyssa picked a gel pen last week when her name was drawn for the chance drawing. Imagine that!

No comments: