Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How did I live without....?

Ever wonder how you lived without certain items? I got the following email today from my daughter Janice with this unsolicited testimonial:

I think you should add an addition to your blog on the miracle that is the Tide pen. I was eating my Fiber One bar this morning and when I got up I realized I had 4 very lovely spots of chocolate on my freshly dry cleaned white suit. I grabbed my tide pen, took it to the spots and they are gone. Amazing! It was a close call. And now I don't have to look stupid when I staff the Secretary to a TV interview this morning :-)

Now we must remember that Janice is not a part of my generation that grew up with b & w TVs, one-speed bikes, no cell phones, and certainly no internet, digital cameras, Starbucks, etc. But Tide pens evidently are a "newfangled" invention that she would not want to live without. I personally would get rid of those before many of the aforementioned items, but hey, who am I to judge?

Have you thought lately about all we have? What things would you be willing to live without? I find it hard to think of even one!

No comments: