Sunday, October 5, 2008

My Day Was Made Better


Thank you Office Max. You made my day! Last Wednesday I was surprised by a visit from some Office Max personnel and was awarded gifts for my classroom. And I mean MANY gifts for my classroom. Within 30 minutes, our class was using many of the items: tape, digital camera, markers, scissors, dry erase markers, regular markers, paper cutter, and chalk, to name only a few, for a project that I had planned. Couldn't have happened at a better time. And not only that, I was also given a bouquet of flowers, perfect for a science lesson later on in the week. I now wouldn't have to buy flowers for the project, I could just take the bouquet apart and use that.

However, I must make a disclaimer. There is nothing that I do any differently than any other teacher who comes to school every day trying to make a difference in a child's life. I just happened to be the lucky winner. Hats off to all those who care, love, and give back every day. And to Office Max and Adopt A Classroom who sponsor this project. My students and I just LOVE you!

No comments: