Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Death and Taxes

They say only two things are certain in life, death and taxes. I have spent the biggest portion of my evening doing one of the above and I can imagine that you have guessed it is the taxes part! You're right. Anyway, we had a gorgeous day of 68 degrees and instead of a nice evening walk or curling up with a good book, we did taxes.

Farmers have to file by March 1 so Steve is meeting with our accountant tomorrow. All papers and figures are in order (we think) ready to be picked apart, studied, and recategorized tomorrow. Paying taxes is a necessary evil, but the thing I hate about it most is the time it takes to do it.

So, in order to live through this grueling task, I bought myself a sack of Dove dark chocolates with almonds. Dove has a way of soothing what ails you and makes it all better. Add to that some cups of red raspberry tea and who could complain? Besides, maybe, just maybe, I'll get something back in the form of a refund!

No comments: