Tuesday, December 7, 2010

No News is Not Good News

Still no word from out east about a new grandson but.......I have to convince myself that I am not the one pushing this agenda so I will get on with my life and concentrate on other things besides being a grandma.

I LOVE this season.  Right now I am enjoying a cup of hot jasmine tea, knitting by the Christmas tree while carols entertain me, and have my evergreen candle burning non-stop.  The smells, sights, and music of the season overwhelm my senses.  I do enjoy buying gifts at this time of year but have never been so busy that I have failed to enjoy the true meaning of the season.

Take time to relive your childhood past and get caught up in the memories that must abound.  The gifts you received were fleeting; the memories have lasted your lifetime.  And not all Christmas memories are glorious, but they all remind us at this time of year that there is goodness, kindness, and compassion in most people's heart.

I was hoping to share some other good news with all of you at this time, but I have no earth shattering pronouncements, just a reminder to enjoy this season for what it truly is:  A gift!

No comments: