Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cutting Edge Customer Service

I have a pair of Fiskar scissors that I use all the time. Unfortunately, I have used them so much that a tiny spring that separates them as you cut broke and the scissors were difficult to use. Rather than spend $35 for a new pair, I went to the store I purchased them at about 5 years ago to see if they sold springs. I was told that I would probably have to buy a whole new pair.

Well, I didn't want to consider that until I had exhausted all of my options. I went to Fiskar's website, found customer service, and wrote them an email explaining my problem. People usually take pity on teachers and try to help whenever possible.

The next day I got an email from Janean Andrus, customer service at Fiskars, with the following message:


Dear Margaret:

Thank you for your interest in Fiskars! We are in receipt of your recent e-mail to our company regarding the spring on your Softouch Scissors.

We would be delighted to send you some extra springs (no charge). Please e-mail us your full name and address, along with a description of your scissors (overall length). Also note if your scissors have grey smooth handles, or grey knobby textured handles. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Kindest regards,

Janean S. Andrus

Fiskars Brands, Inc.


I wish that every company I dealt with appreciated me as much as this fine woman at Fiskars. They made a good choice when they hired her. Makes me want to go out and buy another pair!

No comments: