Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer's Over

Now I know that there is not a soul out there who will feel sorry for me but........after having off the months of June, July, and so far all of August, tomorrow I go back to work! Vacation is over. No more sleeping in, like I ever did, staying up late to finish a book, leisurely going about my many tasks, or being able to put things off for one more day. Vacation is over!

I went over to school today for the entire morning but the pressure isn't the same as it would be if the students came tomorrow. We just have meetings and get things organized with the school tomorrow and then we meet our new students on Mon. Did I mention that vacation is over?

I don't really mind going back to work but sometimes going back to work is more of a vacation than being at home. I have accomplished a great deal this summer. My list:

Completed painting Dan's house
Got gutters ordered for both houses
Roofed our house (with help of course)
Got a new garage door
Had new furnaces installed
Fixed the chimney
We're ready to get the foundation fixed
Got new windows
Had a wonderful week with family
Mowed the lawn more than I can count
Drove the baler for the guys (more than I can count)
Froze a lot of vegetables and fruits for the winter
Went on some fun field trips with teacher friends
Read many great books

And the list could go on and on. I know that I am blessed to have had so many days off of work. But from the list above it seems like I used most of those days wisely. I will soon feel overwhelmed wondering why I didn't get more done but hey....there's always next summer.

No comments: