Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fabulous Hat


Every once in a while, a fashion might strike my fancy. Although I'm not really into the whole fashion scene, I am impressed when I see someone pull something off that fascinates me. Today, it was Aretha Franklin and her fabulous hat.

When I first saw it, I thought, "Man, how great is that!" She is such an impressive enough woman with her strong, decisive voice and spirit that she hardly needed the hat. But it sure worked for her. What pizazz. I didn't know that hats like that were even made any more. What a great fashion statement.

I remember my grandmother and her hats. She never went anywhere without one, especially if you were going out. It didn't matter if it was to the grocery store or church, you wore a hat. I still have some of those hats hanging in my house or tucked away in those antique hat boxes. They make me smile when I see them.

Maybe hats will come back. If I could look as good and carry off hats the same way that Aretha can, I would be at the mall tomorrow.

No comments: