Monday, May 31, 2010

My Little Corner of the World

Yes, it has been one month since I've written but I have been busy in my little corner of the world. Where would that be might you wonder? Well, even though I have many, I am currently talking about my garden.

We have had a wet spring and that has given me the opportunity to sit back and really plan what I wanted to put in for a garden this year. Well, the opportunity was there but I took no advantage of it. I spend my thinking time walking around the garden centers wondering what looks good and trying to decide if a certain vegetable is something my "guys" would eat.

I am on the final leg of my journey after hearing the weather forecast for today. I got up bright and early to finish putting in some plants I purchased yesterday. I think I have almost completed my mission.

In neat little rows and hills I have the following variety of veggies:

4 basil plants, 3 red peppers, 3 golden peppers, 3 Annaheim peppers, 2 hills of cucumbers, one each of the following tomatoes: Early girl, Better Bush, Juliette, Roma, and Supersteak, 1 melon plant, a row of Blue Lake green beans, and a row of snow peas. Almost forgot, my lovely lavender plant that I put in for the senses.

I still have room left. Might do some sweet potatoes, eggplant, sage, oregano, thyme, who knows? I'm making quite a bit of work for myself but there is nothing better on a cold winter's day than taking fresh veggies out of the freezer and cooking them up. We are so blessed to have such bounty available to us for a minimal amount of work. I'll keep you posted on the progress of the garden, unless the rabbits beat me to it!

No comments: